- Include dates in your name.
- Decide on consistant formats such as YYYY-MM-DD or LastName-FirstName.
- Use a numbering scheme to keep large folders of files in order.
- No spaces in file names.
- Don’t use special characters other than the dash character.
- Keep it simple.
- A shortcut is a link to the location of a document, not a copy.
- This prevents multiple copies and reduces digital document clutter.
- To make a shortcut, right click on a folder or file and click “Create Shortcut.”
Simple steps can lead to profound change. – Kris CarrSIGN UP for our newsletter, “The Dirt on Document Management,” to get tips to your inbox!